ULTRA MATTE GEL MEDIUM, 1 ounce Jar (also avail. in 5 gm petite jar)
Recommended blending and extending medium for the air dry paints (Basic or Pre-Blended). A translucent white gel of high density and high solids, that economically extends the volume of colors without changing consistency
- Add up to 50% by volume, to double amount of paint and retain color position
- If more than 50% is added, it acts as a very weak tinting white
- Maintains the opacity of the color better than using a clear gel medium
- Dries to a matte finish, giving colors a matte sheen and gouache look
- I used it to remove shine from a completely painted doll (WaterBorne). I simply smoothed it on in a very thin layer with a cosmetic sponge. When it dried, the shine was gone! Take care not to apply with brush or pounce with textured sponge or you will get unwanted rough texture when it dries.